An excellent opportunity to work for a lovely client working in their main residence, you will join an existing team of staff who have been working for the family for a number of years
You will be required to assist in ensuring that the Security of the Family and House and its contents are covered at all times and to ensure that all alarm systems (burglar and fire) are maintained and operational at all times. Appropriate training is given to all household staff to respond to the above.
- To report to the House Manager any matters relating to the maintenance of the House, the fixtures and fittings, services and contents and to arrange and supervise any agreed works.
- To take specific responsibility for the everyday maintenance including minor repairs, picture hanging and equipment repairs reporting all, if required, to the Secretary / House Manager.
- To ensure in conjunction with the Secretary / House Manager that the Estates’ Health and Safety policy is fully adopted.
- To assist in the daily management of the Family’s pets including walking,feeding, etc.
- To liaise with the House staff and other members of the Estate staff to ensure the house is kept to a high standard
- Assisting in providing a full butlering service (when required or in the absence of the House Manager) to the Principals and family to the highest standard
Duties to include:
· Receiving guests and callers
· Attending to meals and functions as required
· Maintaining riding/shooting clothes and boots
· Maintaining and cataloguing of wine and drink stores
· Maintaining and cleaning all silver
· Keeping public rooms tidy at all times
· Keeping the Butler Room, Gun Rooms and Pantry in a tidy condition
Accommodation- Separate apartment provided - Partners and Pets are welcome
Working Week - 10 days on - 4 days off
Salary - £38K -£40K Gross Per Annum DOE